Inventory Search should not show rentals with hold events as available

• The inventory search (from top left near search bar) could be useful if it did not show rentals available that are blocked out by hold events.... it is otherwise useless because of this. (reported months ago to intercom support)

• STAFF

Thank you for reporting this. We have ticketed this issue. Please be aware that the specifics for what are going wrong here are the following.

Hold events of any type other than "Confirmed" appear as available in the inventory search option. As a temporary workaround, please use only the hold event type "Confirmed" which will properly show the dates as unavailable in the inventory search feature.

Thanks,
    Christian

• @christian-zaragoza good workaround.... except for the linked listings which have the hold events come in with different status by default.

• The status of the hold event is more of a bother than a use?

• STAFF

Hi Ryland,

Thanks for mentioning this:

except for the linked listings which have the hold events come in with different status by default.

I'll look a little closer and get back to you.

Christian

• STAFF

Hi Ryland,

I've looked into this further and see that the issue is still as I stated it. Linked rooms create hold events with status "Confirmed" and are properly showing availability as blocked on the inventory search.

I understand that there are still scenarios that will be problematic though...such as owners creating hold events with statuses meant to convey the meaning of the block, or you needing to set it to Pending so that you are aware that the reservation is not yet confirmed.

In the meantime, any hold event that is not marked as confirmed will not properly block availability, but using Confirmed hold events will result in it working properly. Please let me know if you find a specific example where this is not the case.

Thanks,
    Christian