Creating Hold Events as a Property Owner
As a property owner, you’ll frequently find yourself needing to block specific date ranges on your booking calendar to ensure your rental property remains unoccupied. There's a variety of reasons for this, most commonly for maintenance, personal use of the property, cleaning, and staff holidays. It's also useful if you take bookings from any outlets that aren't connected to Tokeet.
To create a hold event:
- On your calendar view, click add.
- Complete all required fields in the overlay, and click create to save.
• Event Name: You can choose any name.
• Rental: Select one or more rentals to apply this hold event to.
• Type: Set a hold event type. (see below for further information)*
• Start Date: Select or edit the start date for the hold event
• End Date: Select or edit the end date for the hold event
• Expiration Date: Set a date for automatically removing the event from the calendar
• Roll Forward: Check this box and your hold events would shift a day forward every 24 hours.
There are five types of hold events:
- Confirmed: Blocking dates for confirmed bookings that are not imported via any channel connections.
- Personal: Marking time where the property will be reserved for personal use.
- Maintenance: Marking time where the property will be unavailable during maintenance.
- Pending: Marking time where the booking is in progress.
- Other: All other reasons for blocking the dates.