Tokeet Automation Pro Tips
Tokeet automations, or triggers, are extremely powerful--and used by the majority of our customers around the world. Many Tokeet clients consider triggers essential to their business--and use them daily to automate their communication. Here’s how you can take your Tokeet automations to an even higher level with a few tips from our pro users as well as from team Tokeet.
Use automations to inform your team
Tokeet message templates and triggers are commonly used to communicate with guests--for example, to send an email when a booking is confirmed. Our pro users also use these internally--to inform their managers, owners, and staff of events such as:
- Inquiry Received
- Booking Confirmed
- Booking Cancelled
- Pre-Checkin reminder (time-based event before booking start)
- API Connections error (“critical error”)
- iCal Connections error
- and many others!
Using triggers internally can help you stay on top of your vacation rental business, even when you are away from your computer. For example, you can send your team an automated email or SMS message when an inquiry is received, and gives your team brief instructions on logging into Tokeet and reviewing / accepting the booking.
Use the data dictionary for deep customization of all your messages
Many of our customers already utilize the data dictionary to automatically replace fields like guest name, rental name, rental address, checkin / checkout dates, and many other fields in their messages. The data dictionary is extremely powerful in giving you the ability to pick from forty fields to automatically replace in your message--giving guests a wealth of info (and peace of mind!) in your communication with them. Here are some commonly used data dictionary variables:
- Guest Name: *|GUEST:NAME|*
- Guest Email: *|GUEST:EMAIL|*
- Guest Phone: *|GUEST:PHONE|*
- Number of Adults: *|INQUIRY:ADULTS|*
- Rental Name: *|RENTAL:NAME|*
- Rental Street Address: *|RENTAL:ADDRESS|*
- Checkin Date: *|INQUIRY:ARRIVE|*
- Checkout Date: *|INQUIRY:DEPART|*
- Number of Nights: *|INQUIRY:NIGHTS|*
- Custom Fields (more about these 5 fields below): *|RENTAL:CUSTOM1|*... *|RENTAL:CUSTOM5|*.
Please feel free to use and build on our Message Template Examples, which are already pre-populated with Data Dictionary values for you.
Use Custom Fields to add contact info, travel instructions, and more!
The “Custom Information” section of your Rental Settings is available to you in your Tokeet message templates. There are five custom fields at your disposal, from *|RENTAL:CUSTOM1|* to *|RENTAL:CUSTOM5|* Feel free to use your creative license to populate these with different info, for example:
- Directions from the airport or train station
- Contact info for property owners or staff
- URL for your property on a review site (useful for your post-booking message)
By populating custom fields once within each Rental, custom fields can automatically be inserted into any message template, saving you time and creating a better experience for your guests.
Add images to your email message templates
With a single line of HTML code, you can add colorful scenery, property, or logo images to your email. For example, you may simply want to include a logo in your email signature. Doing this is easy!
- Navigate to Settings > your Tokeet File Cabinet, and upload your images there.
- Next, click on the image and copy its URL, which will begin with https://cabinet.tokeet.com..
- Inside your email message template, click on the “code” icon: </>
- Paste the following line of HTML code wherever you want your image to go, for example at the top or the bottom of the email: <IMG SRC=>
- Add the URL of your image on Tokeet between the equal sign and the closing carrot, for example: <IMG SRC=https://cabinet.tokeet.com/1509547129.8423/1509562252_4a712d75-6509-4492-8e90-f38b7f747f97_vacationescapeslogo.png>
- Click “Save” to update your template
- Now click the </> icon again to switch to normal view.
- You should now see your image within your email message template!