Automata custom code and line brake

• When using custom codes in automata templates this has a result a line break to be inserted after the custom code.

ex.: Instead of
    "text text text "CUSTOM CODE" text text text text"

I get
    "text text text "CUSTOM CODE"
    text text text text"

when the triger fires.

• STAFF Moderator

Hi Konstantinos. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The team is currently looking into this matter.

• STAFF Moderator

Hi Konstantinos. Just an update that the issue has been found, and has been ticketed. We have scheduled a fix as part of a large upcoming application update. We thank you for your patience.

• Hi any update on this? I am trying to update my templates with new fancy html ones and this issue brakes all my code. This should be a very easy fix, just remove the break from custom codes.

Capture.JPG

• STAFF Moderator

Hi Konstantinos. After a recent discussion with the team, we concluded that you will want to edit your custom codes as Plain Text in order to remove the line break when it is parsed into an outgoing message.

The reason this can not be done transparently is because we wish to provide maximum functionality with the custom codes, which means rich text support. As a result, the rich text editor automatically wraps the text in a paragraph tag. This means that when the code gets inserted, it will automatically insert the line break at the end. If you save the custom code as plain text, and manually remove the <p> tag, then you will be able to insert the custom code in-line with other text, and not have the line break added at the end.

Sorry if it's not the exact solution that you would like, but this will work for what you are experiencing. We think the benefits of keeping custom codes as rich text far outweigh the inconvenience of an added line break. As always, we appreciate the feedback.

• Hi Duane,

thanks for your response. May I ask if you have tested your suggestion?
    Because I have already tested that a few times now and back when I first realised about the problem and unfortunately, the <p> </p> is automatically added to the costume code after hitting save. So I cannot remove this manually, because when I do and try to save my changes <p> returns back.

Let me know if there is a work around