Connecting to Homeaway/VRBO with Tokeet
Homeaway (VRBO) is integrated with Tokeet via an iCal connection.
In order for your Homeaway iCal connections to work with two-way synchronization, you will want to both export a Tokeet calendar into Homeaway, as well as import a Homeaway calendar into Tokeet.
Export Tokeet Calendar to Homeway/VRBO
In Tokeet: Navigate to Channels > "Add Channel"
- Select "Homeaway/VRBO" from the pulldown menu
- Click "Select"
- In the "Exported Calendars" section of the page, click "Add"
- Select Tokeet Rental
- Click "Export"
- On the subsequent page, copy your Tokeet calendar URL for this rental. Click Done
- In Homeaway: navigate to left of the screen and click "Calendars" and "Reservations"
- On the subsequent page, you will be presented with the "Reservations Calendar"
- Navigate to the Import/Export section of the calendar and choose Import calendar.
- On the pop up, choose a name for the Import calendar and Paste the URL that was copied from your Tokeet Export Calendar.
- Click Import Calendar
Your Homeaway account is now receiving events from your Tokeet calendar for this rental! Next, import your Homeaway calendar into Tokeet.
Import Homeaway/VRBO Calendar into Tokeet
In Homeaway: On the same Reservations Calendar click Import/Export and then scroll to Export Calendar. Clicking there will display the Homeaway URL. Copy this URL as you will be importing this calendar URL into Tokeet.
In Tokeet: From the same Channels page:
- In the "Imported Calendars" section of the page, click "Add"
- Complete required info:
Give your calendar a name
Select Rental which will be updated with events from your Homeaway calendar
Calendar URL: paste your Homeaway iCal URL
Your Tokeet calendar is now updated with events from Homeaway! You will notice the two way connection is evident by both an Import and Export connection for each rental. Repeat this process for all your rentals.
On your Channels page, you will be able to see the two way connection next to your Homeaway channel with the words Exported and Imported
What to Expect Next
- Tokeet will import all of your Homeaway/VRBO bookings and blocked dates.
- All imported Homeaway/VRBO events become Hold Events in Tokeet
- iCal is a calendar link only. You will want to continue managing rates in Homeaway.
- You can convert Hold Events to Bookings in Tokeet and enter additional info, by clicking on the Hold Event on your Tokeet calendar and pressing "Edit" > "Convert".